Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Who was Shakespeare?

After reading many articles I found this one very helpful.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/merchant/shakespeare.html

Not a lot is actually known about William Shakespeare, which leaves a lot for us to wonder about.  Some even wonder about the truth of his whole existence.  It is a common belief, however, that he is one of the greatest when it comes to dramas.
I feel like the thought of Shakespeare as a student is a little intimidating because of the language.  As I grew older in studying Shakespeare I did discover more to his personality that made his works a little less difficult and a little humorous.  I get more of the hidin jokes and puns in his work but I do still struggle with completely understanding the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment