Wednesday, October 24, 2012

tools that change the way we think

I think that the Internet/media/technology have changed the way I think in a few different ways. In a negative way, I do believe that the internet has weakened my memory. I find myself looking the same things up again and again because I don't seem to remember exactly what I had read previously. I think this is because I know that I can easily re look at the information I want because it is on the internet so I'm not as focused on letting what I read actually stick. I do, however, think that the internet has helped me in the fact that if i don't know something I do have the capability of easily discovering it on the internet. This is especially simple with my smartphone. Without my phone in my pocket constantly I would just forget about things I want to look up in a certain moment and just never try and discover the answers to some of the questions I have. This, I think is a positive about the internet for me. Media, however, is something I find myself wasting too much of my time on.

No comments:

Post a Comment